Beth Landis <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 08:50:33 -0700
On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, Steve Howie wrote:
> I've been experiencing some problems with Listserv since upgrading to
> 1.8c. Periodically ( roughly once per day), Listserv just stops. I look at
> the processes owned by Listserv, and I see a child LSV process sitting as
> an orphan (PPID=1). I've been keeping track of the process IDs of Listserv
> when it starts, and these LSV child processes are not the same processes
> as the original parent. The process shows 0 CPU time consumed, and it's
> start time coincides with the last entry in the log. Nothing is logged to
> syslog. Everything is fine after restarting Listserv until the next hang.
> This didn't happen under 1.8b
>
> 1. uname -a reports:
>
>   HP-UX ccshst05 A.09.05 A 9000/735 2004536212 two-user license

Do you get a core dump?

I'm running 1.8c on an AIX 4.2 system.  Approximately once a day, maybe
once every two days, the lsv process dies, with no core dump.  I have the
system set to respawn the process, so it starts up fine, but the WA
interface doesn't work on the first restart.

>>> Cannot bind to local host, port 2306: error 67.
>>> TCP/IP GUI interface disabled <<<

I have to stop it and let it restart before the WA interface works.

Beth