Steven J Depinet <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 14 Apr 2022 17:33:31 +0000
Greetings,

I’m trying to upgrade the OS of my Listserv (V17.0) machine, and ran into issues with SELinux not liking was use of port 2306. A google search showed enough to determine that wa uses 2306 to communicate with Listserv, but that’s about all I got from that.  The error I get is:

SELinux is preventing wa from name_connect access on the tcp_socket port 2306.

It goes on to suggest:

If you want to allow wa to connect to network port 2306, Then you need to modify the port type.

Then provides the command:

semanage port -a -t PORT_TYPE -p tcp 2306, where PORT_TYPE is one of the following: dns_port_t, dnssec_port_t, kerberos_port_t, ocsp_port_t

I note that the old machine is RHEL6, and uses iptables, whereas the new RHEL7 machine uses firewalld, but I do not see any iptables rules for port 2306 on the old machine, but it does not run selinux, either.

Any ideas? Do I need a firewalld rule allowing localhost to use port 2306, or do I follow the suggestion and modify the port type? If the latter, what type?

Thanks,

Steve dePinet					Northern Arizona University

Systems Programmer, Sr.		Box 5100

Information Technology Services	Flagstaff, Az 86011

[log in to unmask]			(928) 523-6843