Tue, 16 Jul 1996 06:50:17 PDT
> I have a subscriber who is complaining that he does not want to receive
> attached files with the email posted to our list. I advised him to use the
> SET listname NOFiles command as the listserv manual explains. He did this but
> he is still getting attached files.

The NOFILES command only affects files sent via NJE -- ie, if the
files are included as an attachment in a mail message, it doesn't
have any effect -- attachments are considered part of the message
because they *are* part of the message.

> How do I prevent him from receiving attached files. We have a programming
> mailing list and we attach source code and programs with the posted email.

He'll have to cope. You can't block attachments for just one
person (you could do it for everyone using Sizelimit, but that
kind of defeats the purpose in this case). You might ask the
other members of the list to use moderation in the quantities of
attached files that they post.