Tim Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:27:05 -0600
Hiho,

This is a new (error?) message that I see in 1.8dbeta that I didn't see in
1.8c.  The address and listname have been anonymized.

> query * for [log in to unmask]
There is no LIST list on this server. Try sending a "LIST" command to get a
description of all the lists available from [log in to unmask]

Subscription options for John Smith <[log in to unmask]>, list LISTNAME:

MAIL           You are sent individual postings as they are received
FULLHDR        Full (normal) mail headers
REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
NOACK          No acknowledgement of successfully processed postings

In 1.8c I didn't get the first two lines that look to me to be an error
response.  Is this a bug or a feature or a problem in my configuration?

Tim Ramsey / Sr. UNIX Admin         [log in to unmask]    (work)
Enterprise Server Technologies      [log in to unmask]  (personal)
Computing and Network Services      (785) 532-3742 (office)
Kansas State University