CCMRG@BOSTONU
Thu, 28 Jan 88 14:48:43 EST
Well, I am all for the GLOBAL SIGNOFF idea.
If it is implemented using the DISTRIBUTE process - then a method
must be devised where we can "guarantee" an efficient DIST job
is passed around the world. As for the CPU time incurred by each
LISTSERV node - I consider that a necessary given cost since it
is necessary maintenance. If we want to deal with a large volume
of users in an automated fashion in order to releave (in the
long run) a large volume of nasty headaches - then the development
time spent is worth it. If it becomes impossible to implement? well,
that is another problem altogether. Let's go for it!
            - Michael Gettes, Boston University

It would also be nice if it was applied to all lists at each
LISTSERV - but I guess that is already understood.