"Erich L. Markert" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 3 Jun 1998 11:28:47 -0400
Ok, here's what I need to do.  I need the ability to archive list messages in a web
format.  I know LISTSERV can do this and have already played around with it - I actually
like LISTSERV's web archiving.

The problem that I have with this is that there is no way to assign access controls
because it is CGI based, and I need the access control.  Afterall, what sense is it to
have a closed list but have the web archives public?

So, what I want to be able to do is take inbound list traffic and pipe it through an
executable that converts the messages to HTML much like Hypermail.

Alan Thew wrote:

> Why? The whole point (to us) of going to NT was to get LISTSERV/LSMTP
> which fit togther very tightly. No more editing of alias files etc...

Mr. Erich L. Markert                  [log in to unmask]
USMA Webmaster                           TEL (914)938-6463
Directorate of Information Management    FAX (914)938-7308
United States Military Academy
West Point, NY 10996

"If you put three drops of poison into a 100 percent pure Java,
you get ... Windows. If you put a few drops of Java into Windows,
you still have Windows."
                -- Sun Microsystems CEO, Scott McNealy