Chris Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 26 Oct 1994 09:44:15 CDT
A rather uncouth administrator wrote me and said:
>L-Soft list server at Texas A&M writes:
>>
>> Your message dated Tue, 25 Oct 1994 13:59:19 GMT with subject "Re: Tricks to
>> save money  ($?) afield"  has been  submitted to the  editor of  the HUNTING
>> list: [log in to unmask]
>>
>I'm getting pretty god damned sick and tired of getting this crap every time
>somebody at <deleted> sends something to your list.  For the last time:
>USE THE REPLY-TO HEADER, NOT THE SENDER OR FROM LINE.  You are violating
>RFC822!  And pissing the hell out of me.

This was the first contact to me (and how rude!), but he is some-
what correct.  That response by Listserv probably should follow that
order for it's response.  Is there a way to me to change it, or is this
something that Eric needs to do (in his own sweet time of course).

;-)

Actually, while I'm at it.  This same list has a rather long list of
Editor= tags.  Apparently Listserv looks at the sender field for that
too.  Is there a way to make it look at the From: tag instead  (many
of the Sender: fields are usenet deamons).

Chris Barnes                                 (409) 846-3273 (home)
[log in to unmask]                      (409) 845-8300 (work)

"Money makes a very, very, very poor master, but a very, very, very
 good slave."            - Mark Pruitt