Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:30:13 -0400
At 18:54 08/10/2000 Thursday, John, Laura wrote:
>I am running Listserv 1.8d. I would like to include the subscriber's address
>at the bottom of our newsletters to ease unsubscription difficulties.
>However, when I put this text in the list's MAILTPL file:

Can't be done in the B_B.

If this info is REALLY required by the user, then they should set themselves

SET listname SHORT822

Highly NOT recommended.

Even if they are explicitly told their "old" address, most can't do anything about that anyways and will STILL need to contact you.

The standard template that LISTSERV(R) generates to a non-subscriber who tries to UNSUBSCRIBE is just as valid for your problem identification procedure w/o the extreme overhead of having LISTSERV(R) create an individualized email for each of your subscribers.

Pete Weiss @ Penn State