David Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:56:39 -0500
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:46:11 -0500, Francoise Becker
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On 10 Feb 2005 at 12:14, David Phillips wrote:
>
> > Also, is there any way for a list admin to manually force the
> > distribution of a digest?  We're up over 1500 lines now, on a nominal
> > 500 line max.
> >
> > Our digest line has
> >
> > Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,12,Size(500)
> >
> > It's 9:13am at the server right now.  If I change the header so the
> > digest time is 09, will that force the sending of a building digest?
>
> No, because that time is already past.
>
> However, if your limit is 500 and there are 1500 lines, I would
> suspect a different problem. A look at the LISTSERV logs might be in
> order to see whether LISTSERV tried to send the digest when it went
> over 500 but couldn't for some reason.

I've checked the log, and there are no error indications with the word
'digest' in them ... I'll review it in more detail.

> Also, what version of LISTSERV are you running on? Older versions of
> LISTSERV had problems processing the digests if messages had been
> removed from the related archives. If your site is running an older,
> unsupported version, it would be wise to upgrade to the latest,
> supported version.

We're running 1.8d (I had that in an earlier post, but should have
mentioned that in this message too.)

We'd seen the 'removed message' possibility, but to our knowledge, no
messages have been removed from the archive.

Is there any way to even do that, without a manual edit of
'listname.0501h' (as an example)?

Upgrading is not an option right now, although we are looking into
obtaining the funds necessary to get up-to-date.

Thanks
--
David Phillips
Molon Labe !