Don Pirot <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Jul 1991 15:23:39 MDT
On Mon, 8 Jul 1991 15:54:36 EDT Richard Seifert, Jr. said:
>     Is there any way to have a copy of what is posted to a list sent to the
>sender?  I have seen nothing in the documentation regarding this question.  I
>have a user who is setting up a list and wants to have this ability.  Any help
>would be greatly appreciated.
>Richard Seifert, Jr                    BITNET---MAINT@CLVM

I assume by now that someone will have replied to this, explaining
the use of the SET REPRO. I'm curious, though, why this command is
not documented in either the users or list owners manuals. Is there
some reason why a list should not be set up with the REPRO option
as the default? Performance considerations, or some quirk in the
software that makes it unadvisable to use REPRO as a matter of course?
It seems that this question comes up quite frequently and the knowledge
tends to be propagated by word of mouth. At first, I assumed that it was
a feature that was added after the documentation was created and that
it was just a matter of time before it appeared in an updated manual,
but the feature has been around for quite a while now and still hasn't
been documented.

Don Pirot,                    | BITNET: DPIROT@UALTAVM
University Computing Systems, | Internet: [log in to unmask]
University of Alberta,        |
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.    |