Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Nov 1994 19:14:21 +0100
On Thu, 3 Nov 1994 12:57:00 EST "Paul E. Goodwin III"
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>I note  that a number  of things that the  LISTSERV sends out  to people
>refer them to listname-REQUEST for more info, or have that listed as the
>reply address in mail.
>
>Given that the VM SMTP product won't accept mail addressed to that
>userid, what do I need to do to either
>
>   1)  Get it working, or

You should make  your SMTP deliver local mail via  the local MAILER. That
is, the  MAILER statement in SMTP  CONFIG should say LOCAL  RSCS UNKNOWN.
and not NOLOCAL. Then you should install/configure a mailer that supports
this, either LMail or XMAILER R2.10 or XMAILER R2.08 with a mod available
from LISTSERV@SEARN as LOCAL ERIC01. This mod is provided 'as is' without
any warranty express or implied, etc.

  Eric