Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:32:43 -0500
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Roger Fajman wrote:

> All I'm asking is that LISTSERV delete the files.  Anything more
> is outside its scope.

 For the Listserv web interface to include as part of List Management the
ability to also automatically delete list archives (either by list owner's
specification of amount of disk quota used -- we have the Listserv ISP
disk quota prog. for list archives -- or by any one of various forms of
date specification, was the *first* thing List Owners asked about when we
announced the availability of the list management interface for 1.8d.

For our site this would make sense because we make list owners responsible
for their archive disk space and currently when the disk quota is reached,
the list is held and mail bounces to the Owner until they use the
necessary e-mail commands to delete some files.  I could see it as an
extension of the quota system already in place or as a last flag off the
Notebook= list header as much of the programming for it already seems to
be in place unless I am mistaken.

Sorry to clutter the list with another yes to Roger's ideas, but it beats
someone one day saying,  "Well, only one person asked for it". :-)

Out of curiosity, I couldn't find mentioned in the manual why the ability
to send multiple jobs in a single e-mail was removed, just that you can't
do it anymore.  We found this handy at times and only just noticed that
our multiple jobs are not accepted anymore when we set up a program to
submit them in one instead of multiple mails.

--trish

-------
Trish Forrest, Queen's University