Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:29:14 +1000
>I just migrated my listserv to a new box with a bigger second hard drive.
>Prior to moving my list everything was working correctly on a single
drive.
>The only big difference between the two boxes is the location of the
>notebook directory that's now located on the second hard disk.  I updated
>the notebook key in the list header but it still doesn't work.  I am able
>go to the list archive page and see all of the past messages but when I
>click on one to read it gives me an error and part of the error message
>shows me the path to the old location and an error number 2.
>
>Any suggestions?

Richard

does this only affect the web archive?  If so, navigate to the web archives
directory for the list in question (eg.
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\archives\listname) and delete any LISTNAME.IND** files.
There are 3 or 4 of them with slightly different names.  Then, stop and
re-start LISTSERV, and check to see if they're visible through the web
interface.

The LISTNAME.IND** files are index files containing 'pointers' to the
Notebook.  They get dynamically created by LISTSERV when you start it up
(and every night at midnight).  If you move the Notebook without updating
the index files LISTSERV's web interface will be pointing to the wrong
spot.

Repeat the process for any other lists in the same position.

--
Regards,
 Michael Shannon

 Chazzozz!!

 LISTSERV (R) is a registered trademark of L-Soft.