Harold Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 22 Sep 1993 08:06:22 EDT
On Wed, 22 Sep 1993 01:30:54 GMT you said:
>Natalie Maynor ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>: [log in to unmask] (John F. Bacon) writes:
>
>: >  It seems to me that the best solution would be a mailing list
>: >mirrored as a USENET news group.  Then the messages can easily be handled
>: >by both groups of people.
>: >Does anyone have any advice?
>
>: My experience has been that it works fine.

Another solution might be to have the LISTSERV owner turn on the "digest"
option for the list.  That way, subscribers could, by sending the command
"set listname digest" to LISTSERV get a single digest of all messages sent
during some time period (defaults to daily.)

That way, the LISTSERV subscribers get only one message a day with a whole
days worth of traffic in it, and can read and reply whenever they want
without being bothered by mail coming in all day long.

Harold