Mike Auger <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:03:19 -0500
I hope someone can help me out here.
I hope a proper SPF record in my zone file, had it test with various tools and
such. Here is the problem, in the ListServ Deliverabilty Assessment screen if I
put the FQN of my ListServ server  I get:

No SPF record found in the DNS
WEBPAGES.PALLISERSD.AB.CA does not authenticate via Sender Policy
Framework. Sender Policy Framework (also known as SPF) is an authentication
protocol used by recipient sites to verify that the originating IP address is
authorized to send email for the domain name declared in the "MAIL FROM" line
of the mail envelope. SPF is used to identify messages with forged "MAIL
FROM" addresses. Because there is no SPF record in the DNS for
WEBPAGES.PALLISERSD.AB.CA, sites that use SPF to verify the message origin
will not be able to authenticate messages sent from this host.
Resolution:
Add an SPF record in the DNS for WEBPAGES.PALLISERSD.AB.CA
Further Information:
SPF Website
Sender Authentication Deployment White Paper (PDF)
Your SPF record could be as simple as:
v=spf1 ip4:199.216.197.26

But if I just put my regular domain name I get:

The SPF authentication check passed
The SPF record found for PALLISERSD.AB.CA positively identifies
199.216.197.26 as a server authorized to send mail from PALLISERSD.AB.CA.
The SPF record chain for PALLISERSD.AB.CA is:
ip4:199.216.197.12 ip4:199.216.197.26 ip4:199.216.197.31 mx
a:mail.hcacalgary.com mx:webpages.pallisersd.ab.ca ~all

Why does it fail on the FQN?