Michael Appleby <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:42:53 -0500
It's a coincidence that this was sent out now, because our organisation
was just discussing whether to upgrade.  We currently have 1.8d on SunOS
5.8.

One thing I have been trying to find out, but which I can find no
reference to, is how the latest version of Listserv handles different
character sets in the archives.  On our version, if you use the web
interface to search for an e-acute (say), it will only find those
instances of e-acute that match the character set of the webpage.  So if
you search for an acute e in UTF-8, it will not find ISO-8859-1; and if
you search in ISO-8859-1, it will return some UTF-8 Chinese characters in
because that is how they look if you display them in the wrong character
set.

Does anyone know if this has changed in the latest version?

Thanks for any help,

Michael Appleby
Listserv Administrator
LINGUIST List