Dave Gomberg <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 07:03:19 PST
Eric, there will be a HUGE shakeout of lists in this transition.  That
is a VERY GOOD THING (tm).  If a list isn't worth $1 to each reader, it
isn't worth ANYONE supporting it.

I expect lots of marginal lists to hit the fan.  I am on close to 100
lists.  Most of them generate NO TRAFFIC for months.  Are they worth
$1?  No.  Some generate tons of traffic that wastes my time.  Ask me
for $1 as well and I will probably ditch them (also a good thing).
The ones in the middle with modest and valuable traffic are EASILY
worth $1 to me.  I would have no problem deciding and would probably
stay on about 5-6 lists.  That would be an extremely good thing.

So you see, I am very happy with what is happening.  It is LONG overdue.
Do you agree?

Dave Gomberg       Internet: [log in to unmask]