Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:06:07 EST
On Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:04:45 -0500 Listserv Admin said:
>Version : 1.8d : Feb 16th build date
>System: Solaris 5.5.1
>
> I have a list that reached the default daily message threshold
>limit of 50 at 17:05:11 yesterday.  I received mail from the List
>Owner telling me that the list was never released at midnight.
>
>I checked listserv.log around midnight (line-by-line), and it seems the
>list was never released to process 50 more.  Mail for this list is
>sitting in Listserv's spool directory.
>
>Has anyone else noticed this?   Thanks for your time.

Trish, the HOLD does not get released automatically at midnight.  That's
a LISTSERV legend :)  HOLD conditions always need to be FREEd explicitly.
My personal suggestion in this case would be to raise the daily threshold
so it doesn't happen again any time soon, but in any case they do need
to issue a "FREE listname" command to get things going again.

Extremely early editions of the 1.8b list owner's manual may have said this
but if so it was fixed very early on.

Nathan