"Eric Thomas (CERN)" <ERIC@CEARN>
Wed, 27 Apr 88 23:39:00 GVA
A driver for a PEERS database was  also on my personal wish list. Making these
stats  about how  many  servers with  this or  that  attribute was  definitely
becoming a pain as the number of servers grew and I couldn't remember by heart
how many had disabled this or that.  The thing is now available and running on
L@CEARN,  my test  LISTSERV account.  I've  just realized  I have  a few  more
bells&whistles to add  to prevent non-backbone servers from  trying to provide
the database, but most  of the code is there. I will  write an announcement on
LSTSRV-M tomorrow. The print reports are the same as for the BITEARN database,
the   keywords  are   NODEID   VERSION  BACKBONE   DIST1  DIST2   LISTS/LISTDB
SYSTEM/SOFTWARE USERID  COUNTRY. Comments  are welcome. Please  don't generate
300MB  of  output with  your  tests,  there are  already  some  1000 files  on
CEARN-FRMOP22, and they're not small ones.

  Eric