Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:59:08 -0500
At 09:27 AM 2/28/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>Any computer that gets infected and starts
>spewing, gets taken off the campus network until the OS is re-installed
>and the virus software shows it's clean.

I have a niece who is a freshman at Indiana University this year, who
reported that they are doing something similar.  She let a friend use
her laptop, the friend visited a viral website, it got infected,
bang, she lost access until it was fixed.

She says she's learned the hard way that that "friends don't let
friends use their laptops" :)

Nathan