Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Tue, 16 Feb 88 18:15:27 SET
I said: SERVE the crap OFF. If you  don't want to, make your OWN patch to
the code. Tomorrow  you'll ask for the 'uu-mailer' userid,  and god knows
what next.  And yes I've dealt  with UUCP, and yes  I know how much  of a
pain it is. I  simply never add a UUCP-er to a list  unless he sends me a
piece of  mail with decent  headers. If  the headers speak  about unknown
imail  error 43,  or  contain  3 'From:'  fields,  I  simply discard  the
request.  And I  do the  same if  I get  told that  my reply  couldn't be
delivered for  3 days,  and would  be retried for  the next  2105376 days
(that's not  a joke -  it really happened,  that's X'202020', or  3 ASCII
blanks). And in any  case, I'm not going to send out  any kind of update,
not even an LSVDIST2  fix, if my account runs the  risk of getting phased
tomorrow.

  Eric