Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:42:41 +0200
> We're on the feedback loop (heck, feedback comes to the Listserv
> postmaster address, which is me).

Well, the feature does not include a virtual hand that automagically grabs AOL spam reports out of your personal mailbox ;-) You will have to re-register your feedback loop to a generic address that you can then forward as you need during the test.

> Just this morning I sent out a plea to one of our lists (attention AOL
> subscribers!) because I got a batch of two-dozen postings to one list
> that were all reported as spam by one of the subscribers.

My list owners did that, some as many as three times. The AOLers reacted by reporting these pleas as spam ;-)

> We may be in a "slightly different" ballpark because our Listserv/LSMTP
> box is also our campus outgoing email gateway.  If that changes things,
> let me know...

Yes and no. The feature works like this: you first create a vanilla LISTSERV list with reasonable options (in particular, AOL's spam report address must be allowed to post to it, and I would advise an unreasonably large daily threshold). You then point your spam reports to the list, and you activate a special option to designate it as a spam feedback list. Spam reports for mail not originated by LISTSERV will just be posted to the list (you can subscribe to it or just log the postings and review them weekly, or whatever makes sense for you). Spam reports for mail generated by LISTSERV will be acted upon, and also posted to the list.

  Eric