Danny Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:52:24 -0400
I am trying to move an existing LISTSERV with web archive to a new machine.
I have successfully re-installed LISTSERV itself, and I am able to move the
lists; however, I'm having problems moving the web archive.

Both systems are NT BTW....

Having installed the lists themselves, I used the LISTSERV administration
interface to create empty archives for each list. This populated the
archive folder on the new machine. I then took a copy of the same folder
from the old machine, and copied this across to the new machine,
overwriting the content of the new archive folder. Everything worked. I
could pull up the web indexes for the lists, and view the archive content.
However, the following day, all the archives appeared to be empty. It seems
like the web index files are recreated daily, and the new LISTSERV instance
does not see the existing archive content when the indexes are recreated...

What is the correct procedure for moving a web archive folder from one
LISTSERV instance to another?