Al Iverson <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:45:47 -0600
Hi. On one NT4 box we have LSMTP (box #1)
on the other we have LISTSERV+LISTSERV SMTP Service running. (box #2)

Distribute jobs are processed by listserv on box #2 then passed to LSMTP
on box #1.

This usally happens nearly instantly, especially with little teeny test
jobs where I'm the only recipient. But over the past few days, it can
take upwards of a few hours for this to happen. LSMTP doesn't seem to
yet have the mail.

I manually walked through SMTP transactions on both boxes. Both SMTP
listeners seem to be alive. Neither appears to be taken over by the
Microsoft SMTP service (been through that in the past). Both boxes can
see each other on port 25. Telnet port 25 from box2->box1 seems to work.

Any thoughts on what might be happening? I don't know how I can
troubleshoot the LISTSERV SMTP piece; does it have any queue viewing
capabilities? hints and tips welcome.... this is a head scratcher.

Thanks,
Al
--
Al Iverson -- [log in to unmask] -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
My spam-related website: http://www.spamresource.com/