Ken Koester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Apr 1992 15:11:32 EDT
I have, and have read, U01-012-0 "LISTDB MEMO", and a very nice memo it is,
telling me everything I need to know to use the database functions except--
how to set one of the little dickens up.  I gather from the preface that I
need the "Application Programmer's Guide", A01-004, which I do *not* have,
cannot find, and would desperately like to obtain.  I've been able to play
with a test list I have (yes, I'm a new listserv-er & apologize in advance if
the solution to this is obvious--it isn't to me!), and since it is archived,
I've been able to play with the database functions.  Our site could probably
use this feature, but it's going to be tough if I don't know how to set up
any other kind of database!

While I'm at it, other memos I can't find but would like to are:
M01-002 "List Manager's Guide"
S01-005 "Maintenance Guide"
M01-008 "File Maintainer's Guide"

I sort of get the feeling that maybe these items never got finished--I hope
I'm wrong.  (I have gotten useful memos from Ben Chi, Diane Kovacs, and Lisa
Covi--I'm looking out for other useful stuff.)  At any rate, if you can even
point me to a server, I'd 'preciate it greatly.  Thanx in advance,
| Ken Koester, Systems Programmer  | BITNET:  MAINT2@ERS               |
| US Department of Agriculture     | Tel:     (202) 219-0577           |
| Economic Research Service        | Fax:     (202) 219-1292           |
| Data Services Center             |          (ATTN: Rm 110)           |