Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:12:56 +1100

> running listserv-hpo (still 1.8d) with list-archives of about
> 900 MBytes
> crashes listserv because 1 GByte real memory isn't enough for
> reindexing them.
>
> ps: listserv is running on win/nt. in the archives are mainly
> word and rtf documents.

What's your virtual memory set at?  Do you have plenty of free disk
space if you need to tune it up?  I'm not totally familiar with how
LISTSERV indexes archives but if it's similar to most other Windows
indexing services (search engines, Fast Find, etc.) it'll eat up a lot
of VM.

(Also, if this is the case then it's very advisable to keep your disk
*clean*, i.e. regularly clear out temp files, run scandisk/chkdsk, and
keep the drive defragged.  Windows leaves a lot of 'crumbs' lying around
where it's been.)

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.