Neil Carson <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:25:48 -0400
Hello,

I am testing Listserve. We will eventually have one List the will operate in English and a equivalent list the will operate in French.

I have been looking at the various templates (confirmation, welcome, etc, etc) that are provided with Listserv. I have noticed there a a LOT of templates/letters and most of the have imbedded variables in them and imbedded sub letters.

What have people done who run lists in a language other the default/supplied English ? Do you translate only the letters/templates that you know your environment will use ? Do you get rid of imbedded sub letters ?

So far my testing has been going very good but for us I can see our implementation being delayed due to the waiting that will be required to translate and massage the various letters/templates. Then also would be the translation of the web templates which would be another matter.

Thank you
Neil. C.