Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 17:51:08 -0500
At 02:20 AM 1996/02/07 -0500, Roger Fajman wrote:

>Well, that was the key part of my question.  I would like for any
>moderator or be able to OK any message.  I'm aware of how Resent
>headers can be used, but most of our mail clients don't work that
>way.

I have set up a system that does what you want.  We have a team of
moderators and any of them can OK a message.  To get this to work required
some custom programming outside of LISTSERV.  We have a special account that
is listed as the moderator of our list.  This account forwards the mail to
the members of the moderator team.

As several people pointed out, LISTSERV won't accept the magic cookie from
any address other than the one it sent the message to.  We got around that
problem by creating a script in the special moderator account.  The team
members send the OK messages back to the special account, not to the
LISTSERV.  The script in the special account then sends the OK to the LISTSERV.

I think you said in one of your other messages that there were only a small
number of people who sent messages to the list (deans?) and that your
concern was to get their messages approved promptly.  Why don't you just add
the deans to the list of editors?

                               Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler - Education & Psychology, Univ. of Cincinnati  >>
<<  KIDLINK Director of Educational Services & Subscription Manager  >>
<<  Email: [log in to unmask]      URL: http://www.uc.edu/~wheeler/  >>