Michael Ruhrdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 7 Jul 1994 09:42:11 CDT
While comparing the SIGNUP FILE to the various lists defined on our LISTSERV
(getting ready to remove old entries), I decided to also compare the
various lists to the SIGNUP FILE.  Much to my suprise, I discovered quite a
few (8%) people that were signed up on a list but WERE NOT in the SIGNUP
FILE.

Now, my first impression would be that someone manually entered people into
the LISTS instead of adding them through LISTSERV, but none of the LIST
managers know how to do such things.

Ignoring how this happened, how significant is this?  This condition has
existed for over a year now, and we have not noticed any problems with these
missing entries.  Should I expect any?  Should I clean this up ASAP, or when
I get around to it (next year)?

Any experiences here?
Thanks.

*  Michael Ruhrdanz, Systems Analyst  *  BITNET:   IANR003@UNLVM         *
*  University of Nebraska             *  INTERNET: [log in to unmask] *
*  (402) 472-5236                     *                                  *