"Eric Thomas (CERN/L3)" <ERIC@LEPICS>
Thu, 1 Dec 88 11:40:23 GMT
All that I can say is that the file probably arrived with a leading blank
line (before  the RFC822 fields), and  that it shouldn't do  that anyway.
After processing one  invalid command ("To:" for example),  it should say
"All subsequent commands  have been flushed" and terminate  the job. It's
not a bug of  1.5o, since I've tested it on our LISTSERV  and it did work
as expected. A good  test would be to ask the user  to resend the command
to LISTSERV in the same way he did, cc:-ing you so that you get a copy of
the note as  it was received by  LISTSERV. Now, we are  speaking about an
HPO5 node, where all kinds of strange things can happen to spool files...
Last year  was the Year  of the Customer,  with the withdrawal  of source
code from customers  and its provision to competitors  like Fujitsu. This
year was the  year of Reliability, Availability  and Serviceability, with
the  consecration of  HPO Release  5 and  the introduction  of the  Magic
Invisible Tools for VM/XA and VM/SP 6. I am scared about what will happen
next year.

  Eric