Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Fri, 18 Dec 1987 20:38 SET
I had told Duane to XEDIT the INSTALL FILE because, in his particular case, it
was necessary. He  had TRANSFERred the segment files from  the LISTSERV reader
and LISTSERV will never take back a transferred file from itself, for security
reasons. Apart from zapping the SFBLOCK, the only solution was to re-issue the
INSTALL commands, which required removing all  memories of the previous set of
files  to avoid  a "segment  received twice"  error ("which  version should  I
use?"). This should --> NOT <-- be done under normal circumstances.

Hmm... I don't  think the LIST files contain any  hex constants, although they
do contain case-sensitive information.

  Eric