Gregory Decker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 10:28:32 -0400

> +-------------{"Peter M. Weiss" <[log in to unmask]> had said}--------------+
> |I don't know LISTPROC's method of dealing with forgeries,                  |
> |but Genuine LISTSERV (TM) allows for the use of a three-way                |
> |handshake -- the "Confirm" process.                                        |
>
> LISTPROC probably just goes 'huh?'
>
> Btw, a number of users here could not subscribe to a LISTPROC
> list.. It turned out, it was because their userid's contained
> the reserved word 'SYSADM'  :))  -turgut
>
> ---------------
> internet: [log in to unmask]   postmaster, [log in to unmask]
> bbsturk: (+90)232-369-6428/29    FIDO: sysop@2:430/105
> VirtualNet: 1@90232000           http://bbsturk.bbs.tr

Having been listmaster for both, do not get me started on all the shortcomings
of the UNIX version of LISTSERV (TM). They both have advantages and disadvantages.
Eric and company still has a lot of work to do. BTW, listproc allows each and
every subscriber to have a password.

        Greg

Gregory Decker
National Institutes of Health/DCRT/NSB