"Sathaye, Shashi" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 14 Aug 1992 14:27:18 EDT
On Fri, 14 Aug 1992 12:41:37 EDT Duane D. Weaver said:
>This really documented as such.
>
>The listserv postmaster must define another minidisk for Listserv's
>use.  Next, it is a good idea to add a MDISK.cuu statement to LOCAL SYSVARS,
>to have Listserv watch the space usage.
>
>When that is done, archiving for a particular list is started by
>setting the list keyword NOTEBOOK= Yes,fm,type,access
>
>where fm is the filemode of the log disk
>      type of archive, most commonly Monthly
>      access   who can request the log, usually Public
>
>The Notebook keyword is documented in the file LISTKEYW MEMO, while
>the MDISK.cuu statement for LOCAL SYSVARS is documented within LOCAL SYSVARS.
This all works. But here is a problem I like to see addressed:
1. If I do not want 'indefinite' archiving, and I find myself either
deleting files from this disk or expanding it every two months or so,
wouldn't it be nice to
a. have a command that 'compresses' these notebooks. Sends them in compressed
form to the subscribers.
b. let listserv access the 'owner's' disk whenever a notebook needs to be
updates, accessed - and the owner takes responsibility of keeping track of
disk space..
I am shoulder deep into Unix stuff these days - though I am kind of a short
person - so please don't make me write any CMS stuff..
Shashi.