john riehl <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Jan 1993 20:37:27 PST
Well, I was going to ask you if you did anything.  The problem was that
was not aware of a functional path to the user (twain.notis.com), so
I did not think that you would be able to communicate to him.

and, yes, I did get more junk mail.  I get multiple mail for everything.

Each posting will have an acknowledgement message, plus the commands to
listserv to subscribe and set options will each produce a response of
command accept/reject.

Each of the messages back to him which fail gets sent to postmast(me), riehl
(me), operator, admin, and vincenc.  (we need to know about critical problems
immediately, hence multiple postings).

It gets irritating.  When I was a bit fumed after seeing another error
message, after I was sure this time that I had served him out to prevent
the message, I scanned the disk looking for phillips (to find a entry in a
different table) and ended up seeing the entry from twain, which worked.

There is a definite problem with his mx records in his domain name server,
or the way vm and some unix systems treat them.  The network people that
I talked to claim that it is the way he is configured.  However, Gary
has tried reconfiguring as suggested and it still fails.

I dunno.  Until this is solved, I would prefer that he post using the
Twain address, and subscribe via that.

jr