Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Sep 1993 17:04:40 +0200
On Fri, 24 Sep 1993 10:54:58 EDT "Sathaye, Shashi"
<[log in to unmask]> said:

>Is it possible to include in the canned confirmation request to tell the
>user that the user is being subscribed as [log in to unmask] and to send
>the mail for confirmation from exactly same machine?

Since LISTSERV doesn't recognize the  two addresses as being identical it
can't issue that warning. As far as  it is concerned, there is no pending
request from the  user who sent the OK command.  Again, mail systems that
use  a different  address depending  on day  of week  are going  to cause
problems anyway.  If you  bought a Cray  to run an  AI system  that would
identify the OK confirmation 99.99% of the time, you wouldn't have solved
the problem  or got rid of  the user because  he'd come back just  2 days
later and say "I  tried to switch to digest and LISTSERV  says I'm not on
the list!!!!".

  Eric