Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Tue, 16 Feb 88 18:27:00 SET
Eric,

If you really have  UUCP problems and don't want to use SERVE  OFF nor to make
the list into an edited one, you  may use the 'Sender=' list header keyword to
set up a different origin:

*                Sender= "Blah <userid@node>"

Now this will only solve part of your problem. There is no limit to the amount
of  breaking that  can occur  in a  UUCP mailer.  It may  well send  rejection
notices  to the  'Reply-To'  field (I've  even seen  UUCP  mailers that  don't
recognize 'Reply-to' as being 'Reply-To'), in which case you're back to square
one.

'userid@node' could be your own userid, if you're courageous enough. You might
also get another list set up with just you as recipient (this one won't create
UUCP loops) and put its address in the 'Sender:' field of COCO.

In any case,  I AM NOT GOING TO  CHANGE THE MAIL DETECTOR ANY MORE.  I think I
have said this quite clearly when I removed the test that caused problems with
EMF, and I don't plan to change my mind unless new facilities become available
(such as 'Acknowledge-Of:' et al).

  Eric