David Bronson <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:36:20 -0400
Hello David (and All),

I have recently been in contact with Yahoo regarding a similar issue. I am
happy to see the discussion in the forum addressing questions regarding per
domain settings. I work with several large news lists (+100k subscribers),
this type of content is quite useful.

Yahoo deliveries are particularly difficult for me because yahoo.com doesn't
reject after the RCPT TO, the rejection comes after the DATA verb. This
makes it difficult or impossible to know exactly why the message failed and
know if it is appropriate to remove the user from the list as a bad address.
When we have a large number of new yahoo subscribers, it easily can cause
much of the Yahoo mail to be rejected - even to valid recipients.

We use domain keys as well as SPF - these don't seem to have a huge impact
on deliverability. The most recent response was that they are implementing a
feedback loop, and to be sure to use domain keys. This should be in place by
year end. Unfortunately, the feedback loop won't help us much if the mail is
never accepted ;-).

Anyway, 50 messages per connection is about where we are.
I don't think the policy is new, maybe you just recently arrived at enough
bad yahoo recipients to trigger the rejections. I haven't seen a published
policy from yahoo about there anti-spam measures.

Hope that helps,

David Bronson