Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 22:30:18 -0400
> I am a listowner and a number of years ago, I added the "*Subject Tag =" to
> my header file and it worked fine.
> Recently I subscribed to another list and it doesn't have subject tags
> showing up, even though it's in the header file. I've been in contact with
> the listowner and a few years ago he added it and couldn't get it to work.
> His version is 1.8d so it should support it. Any suggestions for a solution
> to this puzzle? The listowner would still like to get this working. Below is
> a cut'n past of his header file. Thanks :-))

Your subscribers need to have the Subjecthdr option set too.  So, for new
subscribers, put Default-Options=Subjecthdr in the list header.  To change
existing users, use

   QUIET SET listname SUBJECTHDR FOR *@*

Note that this will change users who have set some header option other
than FULLHDR, which is the default.

P.S. to L-Soft -- I wish it were possible to say

   QUIET SET listname SUBJECTHDR WITH FULLHDR FOR *@*

meaning to do the chnage only for subscribers with FULLHDR.