Eva Kalman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:31:49 -0400
Some follow-up:

I haven't tried 1.8e to see if it's any better.  What I did try
in 1.8d was creating a list all-lucent-addresses containing all
the e-mail addresses (50,000+) in our company.  This seemed to
take forever for Listserv to read in.  Then, in my test-eva list
I set:
     Editor= [log in to unmask], (all-lucent-addresses)

Then I tried sending to the test-eva list from another account.
The listserv.log froze while Listserv laboriously checked if
that account could send to the list without moderation.  It seemed
to take 20-30 minutes.   A truss of the lsv process showed it doing
a stat on a non-existent file (bitearn.nodesum3) over and over,
one for each address on the list.   Wonder if I have something
configured wrong?

Anyway, I didn't try that avenue any further.

Eva