Thomas Habernoll <HABERNOL@DB0TUI11>
Thu, 21 May 87 17:00:56 MEZ
Because it is such a tiresome job to sit all day long at the terminal
waiting for some fun and action (which is the typical job of a postmaster),
there are some helpful persons in this world which are eagerly working
to make our life more colourful. A real good idea e.g. the invention
of new Netdata formats.

Our Listserv rejected some files from node DKARH01 (a CDC Cyber) due
to DMSDDL error 88 (unsuported type of Netdata file). Warnings were
sent to the sender, and the junk files to the postmaster. The MAIL command
isn't that careful, it simply crashes on these files. Apparently some
software attempts to produce Netdata files and apparently it's only an
attempt. You have to use READCARD and guess the contents.

So if you receive mail from DKARH01, don't wonder.

If somebody has already sent mail to this node (successfully), could
this person please inform RECERIK@DKARH01 (Erik Bertelsen)? He is the
listed as contact for this node in BITEARN NODES (and the sender of these
files). Yes, of course, I have sent mail to him. But I'm not sure whether
they are able to receive simple PUNCH format, maybe they are only accepting
their special Netdata format :-)

I send this to LSTSRV-L because he (sitting on a CDC) tried to subscribe
to VMKID-L. So I'm pretty sure that he will enjoy other Listservs (and
their postmasters) too.

  Thomas