Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:09:12 -0400
Thanks much to all of you who responded. Being the pack rat that I am, I
had saved a Perl script I wrote in 1998 to migrate a bunch of lists
(although not this many). So with some mods, that is ready to roll,
whether I send stuff via sendmail or tcpgui. I don't have the confidence
that Paul showed, so I won't just bit bucket the resulting emails if I go
that route.  I mostly understand why, but I wish we could be more lenient
locally about allowing me to restart Listserv: it's down for all of 5
seconds. Oh, well.

Pete, I always like tangents like your suggestion for .IK Default
Keywords, even when it probably isn't applicable.

The consensus seems to be that whatever I do, it's messy. But one
question: Andrew, I don't understand your suggestion. I don't remember
seeing any responses: