david boyes <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Dec 1994 13:13:42 -0500
> We have a couple of nodes in our NJE network within ESA which are not
> registered in BITEARN NODES file. When I try to subscribe to one of our
> local lists from a node not in BITEARN NODES, the subscription is denied.
> What can I do????? See example:

You have two choices:

  1) register the nodes
  2) send the request via mail with a fully qualified domain name
     in the headers. Since LISTSERV has no way of associating the
     FQDN with a NJE node name (it's not in BITEARN NODES, so it
     doesn't exist), it assumes that the address is ok.

I'd do option 2 if I were you.