Peter Furmonavicius <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 25 Oct 1990 09:45:48 EDT
>Why doesn't LISTSERV simply leave the file with the other "held" files for
>the list so that the list owner(s) could be able to handle the problem?

Even better would be to just go ahead and distribute the file to the
list's members and then do something about notifying the list owner and
postmaster that the file has not been logged.  Not sending the file because
it cannot be logged seems contrary to the best interest's of the sender and
the list members, especially with memos that have a time value on them.

>Is it possible to define primary and secondary postmasters such that the
>error and informational mailings only go to the primary postmaster??

No.  How about only going to secondary postmasters.   :-)

>Thanks for your help and consideration.
>Jim Owen (wishing I had someonelse to be... postmaster)

   Peter  (primary postmaster at YaleVM until I can switch Jim to be)