CCMRG@BOSTONU
Wed, 11 Nov 87 19:52:15 EST
>I have had a least one person ask if WHOIS could indicate command
>completion (eg: 'Command complete") when it is finished.  The idea
>was to allow a program (in this case a MAIL agent) to ask LISTSERV
>who a userid was if searching through NAMES files failed.
>
>Am not sure that this would be desireable in all cases, but am
>forwarding the idea for consideration.
>
>                                  Walter G. Horbert ([log in to unmask])
>                                  University of Maine System
>                                  Computing And Data Processing Services
>                                  Orono, Maine  04469

Well, if I hear a little more from others as to objections or other
considerations I would be happy to put it in for all to use, 'tis
not difficult, but it would be nice if we were all running the same
code. Anybody want me to make any other enhancements to WHOIS?
Remember, the intention was to make it as simple as possible - yet
still allowing for an "anything goes" usage.

            - Michael Gettes, Boston University