Ron Payne/cis/evp/Okstate <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 09:42:39 -0500
        I will greatly appreciate any suggestions anyone can give to me
about a problem that has just started here.  When one of our list owners
makes changes to a subscriber's address, the resulting notice issued shows
a subscriber (always the same subscriber) with the list owner's correct
e-mail address as having made the change instead of the list owner's name
and e-mail address.  The exact phrase with fictitious name and address
follows:

George Peabody <[log in to unmask]> has just changed your name as it
appears in the ELLSTUDENT-F list from "Jon R Phillips" to "Igor Phillips".
If
this is not correct, just issue a "SUBSCRIBE ELLSTUDENT-F" command with
the
correct name - as though you were not on the list and wanted to subscribe
to it.

        How and where does it find the subscriber's name George Peaboy
instead of the list owner Jerry Moore when it shows Jerry's e-mail address
as it should?
        Thanks for your consideration of my problem!

        Ron

Ron Payne
Faculty Support
Computing & Information Services