David Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 16:27:17 EDT
On Tue, 29 Nov 1994 13:35:25 -0500 Ken Udut said:
>Before DIGESTing became an option, many folks subscribed to
>the Y-RIGHTS digest by using AFD Y-RIGHTS DIGEST (or FUI instead of
>AFD).
>
>But I didn't realize that they didn't make the list of subscribers!

A related question.  I run FEDJOBS, a "list" that basically exists to
distribute the weekly Federal Government list of job openings.  People
sub to the list and then enter an AFD request for the geographical region of
interest.  I would like to find a way that would cause all their AFD entries
for FEDJOBS to be deleted when they unsub from the list.  Right now they sign
up, get the welcome file that explains how to use AFD, make their AFD
selections, throw away the welcome file, get a job, then signoff the list
expecting that leaving the list will kill their AFD selections.  I end up doing
an "AFD FOR user@host DEL * * FEDJOBS" for them when they complain about
still getting mailings after signing off.    By the nature of a job opening
list there is a lot of coming and going, so this gets to be a bother.