Phil Howard <PHIL@UIUCVMD>
Thu, 28 Jan 88 23:30:41 CST
> no, all we have to do is register some additonal defined headers as defined
> in the standard.  Lets not have the kind of fights that go on for
> new versions of standards.

If we define REJECT-TO as an additional header, will that OBLIGATE mailers
to use it to be in conformance?  I think not.  For an optional header it
would have to be the NEWSGROUP or LIST-NAME idea.

Next, what goes on the SENDER header?  LISTSERV itself?  Reject notices might
some day look like commands and come from addresses that look like users.
As long as no standard exists on how to send a notice of nondelivery, we
can expect just about anything.