"A. Harry Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 22:03:27 EDT
On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 16:26:23 -0700 Vega, Juan (Carlos) (LTC) said:
>Has anyone had success in exporting the archives to a .csv or similar
>format?
>
>I am attempting to do some analysis of the archives (social network
>stuff) with third party tools and need to export the data.
>LSoft tech support referred me to list forum.

Are you talking about the messages themselves, or some subset of the
header information?  I've parsed the dbindex file which contains subject,
date/time, sender, msg length and a couple other things.  It's very simple,
and might be enough.  I've also parsed the dbrindex, which is a reverse index
and would have a lot of the cross reference to words in the body.

/ahw