Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Mon, 29 Sep 1986 21:47 SET
  First I'd like to say that I changed "Service= Europe" to "Service= EARN" and
also  allowed  "NETNORTH"  and  "BITNET",  although now  NetNorth  is  ==  CAN.

  The problem with MAILMAXL is tricky. You will usually set a non-infinite maxl
value because the work disk you assigned  to LISTSERV has a finite size. Conse-
quently, LISTSERV will  not receive the file  AT ALL since it  assumes it would
not fit  on its disk.  This means that  it cannot know  WHO sent the  file. The
rejection notice is therefore sent to  the RSCS origin, ie the mailer. Actually
this part of the code was picked up  from LSVFSEND, and THERE it was correct. I
guess that  all that I can  do is transfer  the file to the  postmaster without
saying anything (perhaps just a non-mail message in case it was an IBM or PROFS
note, where origin =  true sender). The postmaster will then  have to bitch the
guy himself.

  Eric