Paul Ribeiro <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Oct 89 11:46:07 EST
>Furthermore,  it  is generally  good  practice  to always  fully  qualify
>addresses. This removes  ambiguities when going through  mail gateways or
Sure, now tell Listserv to change TELL subscriptions to their proper
Domain format :-)

>mailers serving people on several  domains, and introduces no problem for
>the end-user other than the visual inconvenience of the ugly '.BITNET'.
Well, there is another problem. Mail to user SYSTxxxx@RYERSON is(was)
being forwarded to SYST8xxxy@RYERSON, but, now mail is coming in to
RYERSON.BITNET (say, where is that node?) and is not being forwarded
(Mailer R2.03B). I guess this is a reason to goto R2.04 and its rexx
exit where i can strip the bogus '.BITNET'. Even worse, when we ran
X1.25 all mail to 'RYERSON.BITNET' would goto the bitbucket. oh well.

>  Eric

/Paul
P.s. have a nice weekend :-)